Monday, January 10, 2011

1 scoop per 2 cups


I've wanted to create a blog for some time now, but one of my biggest struggles is making time to just pause & reflect. I like to do so much, and the words: "slow down" never seemed to find their place in my daily verbage.  However, I feel like you lose a part of yourself when you don't make the time to look back on the moments in your life and expound on your experience with them.


Thus, this blog...


I decided to call it "1 scoop per 2 cups: the daily dose of my caffeinated reality" after stumbling upon this note from Dominick (yes, it's written on a napkin. and yes, that's a heart on my coffee cup).  A year or so ago when I was visiting Dominick up in Charlotte, he left this note for me one morning by his coffee maker, which I had never used before.  What he was doing through this note was equipping me with the knowledge I needed to successfully make that certain amount of coffee.  And I just love the analogy you can draw from this.


We all have something we follow and live our life by. A general code of ethics. A daily ritual. A belief in a higher power.  Maybe we don't always start out our day the same way i.e. with 1 scoop.  Maybe it's 2 scoops one day and 12 the next.  But no matter what the formula, we get this wonderfully brewed up goodness.  Sometimes, we may even fill our lives with a bit too much, and it runs over, causing a terrible, hot mess.


BUT the beautiful part of that is... each day is a new day.  And we can decide what we want to put into it.  We have the ability to begin each day with a fresh perspective and get out of it what we put into it.  So, is it a 1 scoop day? You decide. And enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment